Click here to learn more about BrainStation’s User Experience Design Course.
1. Now that you’re almost half way through your course, what has been your favourite aspect of the course thus far?
One of my favourite aspects of the course so far has been all of the really inspiring creative ideas from fellow classmates for the major project.
We get together at the beginning of every class and discuss what we’re working on and recap from the last class. I love this, as it’s always great to receive feedback from fellow classmates on your ideas.
2. How is your project coming along?
I did struggle with an idea at first and talked with my instructor about it. He had a great idea of thinking on what I have done in my past work experience as a starting point. This really got me thinking of some ideas of what wasn’t available and what would I like to see.
As a result, I’m feeling very excited about my project and eager to put into use what I’ve learned so far. I do have to remember that this is a learning process and the more I practice, the better I’ll get at the whole UX process.
3. What have you found to be the most useful tool in building your skill?
Actually, surprisingly the most helpful tool I’ve learned so far is sketching your ideas out. The more sketches, the better. This is actually a concept I remember in design school when my instructor would always have us doing thumbnails.
4. With 4 weeks under your belt, are you finding you are looking at things differently with your newfound knowledge?
Absolutely, I go through the day examining everything and how well designed it is for the user and is it intuitive. If not, how could it be improved?
5. What are your goals for week 5 & 6?
Get caught up on my reading, become familiar with Balsamiq and InVision and work on my major project.