Jonathan Natavio, E-mail Marketing Manager at Shoes.com, joined us for a Holiday E-mail Marketing workshop at BrainStation Vancouver. Here are some of the key takeaways from the workshop and a sneak peek at the kind of content you’ll get to learn in our winter Digital Marketing course.
- Relevance is King – consumers quickly decide which companies they like receiving messages from based on relevance
- E-mail personalization is paramount – e-mail content that is targeted will drive conversions
- Value is evident – make your e-mail list subscribers feel exclusive. Value offers or specials deals are perfect to accomplish this.
Holiday promotions – Why?
- It’s a good time to reactivate people
- Good time to share new products coming into the season
- Good time to promote top sellers
- Good time to promote back in stock products
- Cart abandoned. Good reminder.
Holiday Campaign E-mails
- Create a promotional calendar with important dates – stat holidays and retail holidays
- Include shipping & order by whens to avoid missing the deadline
- Send holiday cheer. Create campaigns that are vibrant in color and have themed graphics
- Support your physical store. Use geo-tagging and personalization in these targeted e-mails to push customers to step into your physical space
- Keep your message clear and focused. Give your holiday content a fresh look
- When creating any type of campaign always test for mobile
- Always include a clear CTA (call to action)
- Include product links everywhere you can
E-mail marketing is the perfect way to get into your customers pocket – over 50% of e-mails are opened on mobile! Create a dialogue between your company and the consumer. Focus on the message. Always be testing your campaigns so you can segment smarter. Analyze your results after a campaign has been sent. And make sure to always include your social shares!
This E-mail Marketing workshop was just a snippet of the entire Digital Marketing course that we offer. If you are interested in learning more , be sure to check it out!