When it comes to digital marketing, Four Seasons is leading the pack in the hotel industry...but it wasn't always that way.
Last night we kicked off Social Media: Create Winning Content with Ryan Proctor, the Digital Marketing Manager at Arc’teryx in Vancouver.
Ryan had us get in the social media mindset with some great quote references. This one was our favourite.
“Social media is like ancient Egypt: writing things in walls and worshiping cats” -George Takei
Here are some of our takeaways from the workshop.
- The best content is, authentic, consistent and timely.
- Know what social media channels are right for your business. Be on the right ones that work, not all of them.
- Think about the journey your customer will take when they view your social content. Plan what they will see and where they will end up. Don’t let them down. Always have an end goal.
- Social is selective. It’s like taking the president out of context or taking Donald Trump in context.
- When it comes to your content, question everything. Who is your audience? Why are you creating this content? How do you measure success?
- When posting on Instagram, ask for engagement – “Double tap if you…” or “Tag a friend”. Drive customers to your site or tell them why they should stick around. Use a strong CTA to “click link in bio”.
- Know what works for you. Always be testing your content to see what gets the best results. Continue doing what works and stop doing what doesn’t.
The Social Media: Create Winning Content workshop was just a snippet of the entire Digital Marketing course that we offer. If you are interested in learning more about how you can engage your audience and promote your brand digitally, check it out!